Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fundraiser at Chicago Sinai Congregation


This summer, the Chicago Sinai Congregation hosted a fundraiser for ACDA’s educational efforts. ACDA members from Illinois and neighboring states joined the congregation and community for this event. ACDA had the opportunity to award the Chicago youth who have been supporting Pongborong Primary School during the last three years.

We awarded Eliza Mozer of Chicago Sinai Congregation the 2009 Award of Distinguished Service and Mack Julion of The Faith Community of Saint Sabina an Award Of Appreciation. The students of the Chicago Jewish Day School were also among the honorees, receiving an Award of Appreciation. It was wonderful to be able to honor and thank these young people for their support of Pongborong Primary School and the inspiration they spark among their peers and in their communities.

ACDA Vice President John Maluk Yak, who flew from Philadelphia, PA to attend this event, announced a donation of $10,000 from an anonymous donor, which will be followed by an additional $15,000 at the end of the year. Jan Cassidy, whose family hosted two of our ACDA members—Maketh Bul Mabior and Duot Angok Aguer—when they arrived in Chicago in 2001, generously donated $1000. The Northern Trust Charitable Giving Program at the Chicago Community Foundation donated $3000. ACDA is grateful for these donations to support Pongborong Primary School.

This event would have not been possible without the support of Chicago’s most authentic African cuisine restaurant, The Ethiopian Diamond located on the North Shore in Roger’s Park, which donated the food for the event. ACDA also wishes to thank the following program staff persons who helped made the Benefit a grand success: Susan Solomon, Deng Akoi Jurkuch, Karen Lilly Mozer, Carol Yanowitz (Miller), Lynda Holiday Lawrence, John Mading Dut, Maketh Bul Mabior, John Deng Ayiel, Seena Jimjimo, Maliet Angok Aguer, Kirsten Putahl, Brandi Reissenweber, Catherine Mungai, Bul Deng Bul, Barbara Rose, and Peter Magai Bul.

Please stay tuned for our upcoming announcement about the ACDA 2009-2010 trip to Sudan.

3 comments:

Gak Bul Gak said...

Mercy xtmas everyone.

Gak Bul Gak said...

Mercy xtmas everyone and happy holiday.

Anonymous said...

I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Mr Pedro on this topic.
Mr Pedro and his loan company gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Mr Pedro on a loan platform so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. With God willing they granted me a loan of 500,000.00 USD. The loan request that my banks here in Ecuador have turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Email/ Contact if you wish to apply for a loan from them.
pedroloanss@gmail.com